You Know You Grew Up In The 80's or Early 90's if:
1. you’ve ever ended a sentence with the word SIKE.
2. You watched the Pound Puppies.
3. You can sing the rap to the Fresh
Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton
4. Girls wore biker shorts under their
skirts and felt stylishly sexy.
5. You yearned to be a member of the
Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own.
6. You owned those lil' Strawberry
Shortcake pals scented dolls.
7. You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey
8. Two words: Hammer Pants
9. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock"
10. You had plastic streamers on your
handle bars... and spokey-dokes or playing cards on your spokes for that
incredible sound effect
11. You can sing the entire theme song
to "Duck Tales" (Woo ooh!)
12. It was actually worth getting up
early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
13. You wore a ponytail on the side of
14. You saw the original Teenage Mutant
Ninja Turtles on the big screen..and still know the turtles names.
15. You got super-excited when it was
Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
16. You made your mom buy one of those
clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
17. You played the game "MASH"(Mansion,
Apartment, Shelter, House)
18. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean
jackets and were proud of it.
19. L.A. Gear....need I say more?
20. You wanted to change your name to
"JEM" in Kindergarten. (She's Truly Outrageous.)
21. You remember reading Tales of a
fourth grade nothing and all The Ramona books.
22. You know the profound meaning of
"WAX ON, WAX OFF"
23. You wanted to be a Goonie.
24. You ever wore fluorescent clothing.
(some of us...head-to-toe)
25. You can remember what Michael
Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.
26. You have ever pondered why Smurfette
was the only female smurf.
27. You took lunch boxes to school...
and traded Garbage Pailkids in the schoolyard.
28. You remember the CRAZE, then the
BANNING of slap bracelets.
29. You still get the urge to say "NOT"
after every sentence.
30. You remember Hypercolor t-shirts.
31. Barbie and the Rockers was your
32. You thought She-ra (Princess of
Power!) and He-Man should hook up.
33. You thought your childhood friends
would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
34. You ever owned a pair of
35. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big
Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?"
36. You remember "I've fallen and I
can't get up"
37. You remember going to the skating
rink before there were inline skates.
38. You ever got seriously injured on a
Slip and Slide.
39. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
40. You had or attended a birthday party
41. You've gone through this nodding
your head in agreement.
42. You remember Popples.
43. Don't worry, be happy
44. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks
over tights with high top Reeboks.
45. You wore socks scrunched down (and
sometimes still do..getting yelled at by younger hip members of the
46. You remember boom boxes and walking
around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
47. You remember watching both Gremlins
48. You know what it meant to say "Care
49 You remember watching Rainbow Bright
and & My Little Pony Tales
50. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha
Micelli was hot.
51. You remember Alf, the lil furry
brown alien from Melmac.
52. You remember New Kids on the Block
when they were cool...and don't even flinch when people refer to them as
53. You knew all the characters names
and their life stories on "Saved By The Bell," The ORIGINAL class.
54. You know all the words to Bon Jovi -
SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
55. You just sang those words to
56. You remember watching Magic vs.
57. Homemade Levi shorts.. (the shorter
58. You remember when mullets were cool!
59. You had a mullet!
60. You still sing "We are the World"
61. You tight rolled your jeans.
62. You owned a bannana clip.
63. You remember "Where's the Beef?"
64. You used to (and probably still do)
say "What you talkin' 'bout Willis?"
65 You had big hair and you knew how to
66. You're still singing shot through
the heart in your head, aren't you!